What is Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)?
Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is a safe and effective treatment used in Hashimoto’s disease, although it does not cure the condition entirely. LLLT can halt or regress the progression of the disease and provide relief from symptoms.
How Does LLLT Help People with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis?
LLLT offers several benefits for individuals with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis:
- Reducing Inflammation: LLLT helps reduce inflammation in the thyroid gland, which is crucial in Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. By reducing inflammation, progressive damage to the thyroid tissue can be halted.
- Increased Blood Supply: LLLT promotes increased blood supply to the thyroid gland, facilitating improved nutrient delivery and oxygenation to the glandular cells.
- Enhanced Hormone Production: The stimulated thyroid cells increase their hormone production capacity, leading to an adequate increase in T4 hormone levels.
- Improving T3 Conversion: Proper nutrition, including sufficient selenium, vitamin C, magnesium, vitamin A, and vitamin D, aids in improving T3 hormone conversion, the active form of the thyroid hormone at the cellular level.
Benefits of LLLT in Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis:
LLLT offers the following benefits for individuals with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis:
- Regression of symptoms such as weakness, fatigue, hair loss, joint pain, and constipation, which are caused by hormone deficiencies and negatively impact the quality of life.
- Reduced dependency on medication as thyroid hormone levels are optimized through LLLT and proper nutrition.
- Non-painful and safe procedure: LLLT uses a thousand times lower dose of laser compared to hair removal lasers and has no side effects.
- Short treatment duration: The therapy consists of six sessions, typically completed within three days, with two sessions per day and an hour break in between.
- Unsuitable candidates: LLLT cannot be applied to patients who have undergone thyroid gland removal surgery or have received high doses of radioactive iodine treatment.
The treatment process with Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) for Hashimoto’s thyroiditis involves the following steps:
- Six LLLT sessions are applied within three consecutive days or completed within ten days.
- Intravenously administered antioxidant serums can be given in conjunction with LLLT to enhance its effectiveness.
Please note that Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) should be administered by trained medical professionals and tailored to individual patient needs for optimal results.